Covid 19 Tamilnadu Lockdown News Today Live:Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin on Saturday extended the ongoing lockdown for another week till June 14, giving some relaxations. The state has been divided into two parts on the basis of areas with more cases and relaxation will be given accordingly.
Covid 19 Tamilnadu Lockdown News Today Live
Chief Minister M.K. Stalin extended the lockdown for another week on 5 June with some relaxations. This will remain in force till June 14, a state government press release said.
The government has allowed retail provision, vegetable and meat shops alone to function between 6 am and 5 pm.
Wholesale trade alone will be allowed in fish markets and slaughterhouses.
Government offices will start functioning with 30% of the employees attending
A portion includes 11 districts which have more positive cases than other areas – Coimbatore, Nilgris, Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam and Mayiladuthurai. The rest of the state falls in the second category.
Exemption for districts with high caseload & Covid 19 Tamilnadu Lockdown News Today Guidelines
- Standalone retail provision, vegetable and meat shops will function from 6 am to 5 pm. Pedestrian shops selling fruits and vegetables have also been allowed to open during this period.
- Allowing wholesale trade in fish markets and slaughterhouses. District administrations have been directed to set up fish markets in open places to avoid large gatherings
- All government offices will function at 30 percent strength
- Sub-Registrar Office will function but issue only 50 tokens per day advertisement
- Following the guidelines issued by the government, the matchbox units will operate at 50 percent capacity. Exemption for rest of the state: In addition to the above relaxations, these districts will also enjoy the following:
- E-registration will allow security agencies and housekeeping
- Electrician, Plumber, Motor Technician will be allowed to work from 6 am to 5 pm after e-registration
- Shops selling electrical goods, automobile repair shops, hardware stores and stationery and text book shops will remain open from 6 am to 5 pm
- Auto-rickshaws, hired taxis will be allowed to ply after obtaining the e-pass
- Door to door vehicles selling vegetables and fruits will continue to run in all districts of Tamil Nadu. Take-away and delivery will continue as usual