CM Mamta on Wednesday launched the West Bengal Student Credit Card for the students of the state. Now with this credit card, any student can take a loan of up to 10 lakhs at a very low annual interest rate. The Trinamool Congress government gave its approval on Tuesday. Mamta Banerjee had made this promise to the students in her election manifesto.
Announcing this, Mamta Banerjee said- I am happy to announce the launch of West Bengal Student Credit Card today. He said that in order to make the youth of West Bengal self-reliant, the government will provide loans up to 10 lakh at simple annual interest rate under this scheme.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Apply Online Forum Official Website
The most important thing about this scheme is that after getting a job, a student will be given 15 years to repay the loan. In addition, the loan will be available for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post-doctoral studies in India or abroad.
How much loan will you get in West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
The process of loan under this scheme (West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme) will be quite simple. You can also apply for this card online. It is known that Mamta Banerjee had earlier expanded the Krishak Bandhu scheme. Thus, the annual assistance of Rs 5,000 to farmers has been increased to Rs 10,000. In such a situation, students will get loans up to 10 lakhs at very low interest rates.
Key Features of Student Credit Card
- A student can get a soft loan of up to Rs 10 lakh for higher studies with the help of a credit card. Persons up to the age of 40 years are eligible for this scheme.
- After getting the job, the student will be given 15 years to repay the loan.
- It will also benefit the students studying in various coaching institutes, who are preparing to appear in the national level competitive exams, which include IIT, IIM, NLU, IAS, IPS, WBPS.
- The scheme will cover various institutional or non-institutional expenses to ensure that no student from West Bengal is deprived of education due to lack of monetary support.
- A student can apply for a credit limit of up to Rs 10 lakh. An interest rate of 4 percent will be charged on the loan.There will be easy options to repay the loan.
- This will ensure that students do not have to depend on their parents for higher education.
- Upper age limit for eligibility is 40 years.
The scheme was one of the election promises made by the incumbent Prime Minister Mamata Banerjee during the assembly elections. Though the higher education department has not issued any official order yet, sources confirmed that various online meetings were held with colleges to explain the new system. The state government has decided to launch “Student Credit Card”, one of the most comprehensive and comprehensive schemes in the state, so that they can get loans without collateral.